The Inedible Journey

A quirky pile of ramblings

Friday, May 13, 2005

May 13th ~ Cruelty


It's odd to me.

I was reading a couple of popular blogs online this morning and found the volume
of vociferous cruelty in people's comments to be deafening.

The same things happens in online chat, I guess.

It's as if the veil of anonymity somehow gives people a desire, and even permission, to say things they would never say to anyone in public.

It's vicious.

Is it that anonymity shows a person's true colors?

Or does that anonymity allow some people to "try out" what it feels like to be evil and cruel without any social repercussion?

Or, (even worse to imagine) are there simply a lot of dog kickers out there, hiding behind minty breath and bleached smiley teeth?

I'm a glass half full chick.
Always.
I'm going to believe that it's option number two.

But it still pisses me off.

LOL....this sounds like a cranky Friday the 13th. Time to go cuddle the munchkins and recharge me. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home