The Inedible Journey

A quirky pile of ramblings

Monday, February 06, 2006

February 6th ~ Today



Today I will listen to my body
I will not close my eyes when I stand on the scale.

Today I will not wonder why I've been so oddly cranky for the past few weeks. I will listen to my inner voice and DO something about it.

Today I will commit to exercising daily, even though I don't want to. I have to.

Today I will go to war with my self-control. And I will win.

Today I will pay attention to the changes I must make. I will keep them in the front of my mind. I will not ignore them...or pretend to.

Today I will face the lonliness of making these changes. I will except that even with support, ultimately it is up to me. I will stand up to myself.
I will stand up for myself.

Today is the day I change my life.

I'm afraid. But today I will not let fear defeat me.

Today I will not be lazy.

Today I will not hide from people.

Today I am writing this down so that when tomorrow is today, I can read it, and remember what I have to do.

Today I will tell my inner voices of temptation to go screw themselves. I'm in charge today.

14 Comments:

  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger sttropezbutler said…

    And tomorrow you are gonna feel great. Just let yourself feel it.

    I'm on the road with you....as odd as that might sound.

    STB

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger WarriorM said…

    Good for you, Trudy! I hear you loud and clear! I need to get back out there too. It's hard, I can totally empathize, but you're right...it's all you.

    I know you can do it!!

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger Blogzie said…

    You Go Girl!


    x0x0x

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    STB...It doesn't sound odd...and how nice to have a familiar face on the road. If you see me taking an exit...feel free to toss me a map.

    Mary and Blogzie... thanks sweeties!

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger G-Man said…

    WAY TO GO!

    Just do it and never let go.

    It just takes the smallest of declarations to make the biggest changes in the world.

    Go for it!

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger sjobs said…

    Good for you Trudy....

    I have had that feeling every Monday for a few weeks. On Wednesday it is back to WW and on the plan....


    It is time to get serious again...

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love what you said about standing up TO yourself and FOR yourself. I've made some similar committments in some areas of my life. Know that I'll most likely think of you every day and will be pulling for you

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Blogzie said…

    Okay, so it's the next day.

    How did you do?

    x0x0x

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    Gman....thanks for the encouragement!

    Mary (sjobs) I'll be stepping back into WW on Friday :) We can count together!

    Sarah...I think the TO and FOR might be the most important statements I made to myself.

    Blogzie...It's
    Today #2 and I did great! I re-read my commitment to myself....and stuck to it. Day 3 is just around the corner... one day at a time...

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger sttropezbutler said…

    Hey..and today is Wednesday..and you can treat yourself with the Grammy's for some mindless entertainment!

    STB

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger I n g e r said…

    Oh, Trudy, good for you! Right there with you; I'm the one trying to keep up with STB.

    It is amazing how quickly we can remake ourselves--and how remaking one part impacts all the others.

    xoxo Inger

     
  • At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great work!
    [url=http://uavnyvsr.com/ydzs/tnwr.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://txyobxld.com/embn/bihw.html]Cool site[/url]

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good design!
    http://uavnyvsr.com/ydzs/tnwr.html | http://rtpyrtcm.com/dtjg/jwws.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home