The Inedible Journey

A quirky pile of ramblings

Monday, May 16, 2005

May 16th ~ Tom Tom


I admit it...

I love reality TV

NOT ALL of it

but Survivor, Amazing Race, The Apprentice, Extreme Make-over Home Edition
It's bubblegum for the brain. I can watch, enjoy, be moved, effortlessly. Plus, as soon as I feel "too hooked" the show ends.

It's a short term commitment. :)

But what the heck was Tom (on Survivor) thinking?

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad he won. I wanted him to win. He deserved to win.

HOWEVER.....How could he manipulate Ian so pointedly, that he'd cause Ian to give up a million dollars JUST to regain Tom's respect? They are in a GAME fergawdsakes and NO ONE was without fault. Everyone was guilty of misleading someone at one point or another. Ian may have been thinking of voting Tom off.....but he never wrote Tom's name down. He never actually betrayed Tom.

It's a GAME..how could ANY of them NOT be thinking of all possible scenarios?

They are there to try to win a million dollars. They all know that going in. I'm sure Tom thought of the same scenarios as Ian.....but either he didn't speak it out loud or the camera didn't show it to us.

Tom KNEW he could beat Katie.

He knew it!

It would have been a MUCH tougher win against Ian, although, he probably still would have won. I'm just really bugged that he would be so warped that he would not only guilt Ian into feeling so badly for his THOUGHTS but that Tom would even accept the offer of bowing out from Ian.

Sheeeeesh.

Tom ~ you were good on Survivor. I was pulling for both you and Stephanie from the start....but you were certainly no saint and your behavior in the end left a very bad taste in my mouth. While I could understand your anger and disappointment with Ian, you profess to being so honorable. Where is the honor in stooping to such a low level of twisted manipulation.

Tsk Tsk Tom Tom




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home