The Inedible Journey

A quirky pile of ramblings

Saturday, February 11, 2006

February 11 th ~ And Bunko was its name-o



Have you ever played Bunko?

I live on one of those streets......probably like on Desperate Housewives....although I'm not sure because I've never seen that.
But it's a court of 16 houses. Varying age groups of people...including 21 children. We have a "mayor". Everyone knows everyone, watches out for each other's kids and grandkids, brings food to those with an illness, attend each other's births, weddings and funerals.

For hubby, it can sometimes be "too much neighborliness", but for me it's wonderful.

The women on the street decided to start a "Bunko" group. They alternate houses and husbands/kids leave while the game is going. I'd never played before, but it's a dice game that require 12 players. Because I'm so busy, and feel stretched too thin, I decided to just be an alternate instead of a "player". Being a player is a monthly commitment.

Last night was the first time I played.

I think I burned more calories playing that game than I would have if I'd run for 90 minutes.

I lost my voice.

You have to be loud when you get a Bunko. I think I may have been loud when Anyone got a Bunko. And I'd only had about a half a glass of wine.

I got swept up in the moment.

And I kept winning some other thing.....I forget what it was called...three of a kind that wasn't a Bunko...but I'd have to wear a necklace thing when I'd win that.

So I yelled out desperately: "I need a string of pearls!"

I'm not sure anyone else has as dirty of a mind as I do.

:)



10 Comments:

  • At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "So I yelled out desperately: "I need a string of pearls!"
    I'm not sure anyone else has as dirty of a mind as I do."

    OMG Trudy!!!!! That was toooooo funny. I'm cracking up here.

    (suddenly goes demure) Why Trudy darling whatever does that statement mean?

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger sjobs said…

    I love the string of pearls joke!! Funny girl....

    Many of my friends, who live in friendly neighborhoods play bunko. I have never played but think it sounds like fun. So is there wine involved???

    MARY

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger Blogzie said…

    Your neighboorhood sounds great.

    Okay, call me silly, but I don't get the 'string of pearls'.

    Clue me in doll...

    x0x0x

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger sttropezbutler said…

    LOL

    Too funny!

    I'm still laughing....

    STB

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Webmiztris said…

    you'd know who all the naughty neighbors were by who had dirty grins on their faces after you said that. lol

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger G-Man said…

    My sister is in a bunko league and loves it...Good way for her to get to know the women in the neighborhood

     
  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger Sublime said…

    Your neighborhood sounds like a blessing, not to mention FUN!

    Take care,
    Sublime

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger WarriorM said…

    Trudy! String of pearls indeed! Hilarious, chica! I just started in a BUNKO group a few months ago and I love it!

    It's fun to have an evening away to go do something "just for fun". My husband said, so what's BUNKO. I told him it was a dice game with no real strategy, you just go, throw dice and have some laughs. He doesn't really get it, but that's okay.

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger CrackerLilo said…

    Someone else will have to let Blogzie know about the string of pearls. I'm just too innocent to get the joke myself...;-)

    I've heard of Bunko, but never played it. Glad you enjoyed it, though!

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    LOL Sarah (g) I knew that would getcha. lol

    Mary...lol of COURSE there is wine involved....although you work up quite a sweat..so we were gulping ice water more than wine.

    Blogzie...lol My worldly friend...YOU must know! If not, I'm letting STB tell ya! :)

    STB...please complete the above mentioned assignment! (g) LOL

    Dawn...lol I pretended innocence of course...lol but about half of them were in hysterics.

    G-man..lol I LOVE that picture!

    Sublime...I'm sending you goog thoughts :)

    MaryMary...lol It's better if they DON'T get it! LOL :) Fun, huh? :)

    Crackers...you'd love it. :) BTW, you're innocence is blinding me! lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home