The Inedible Journey

A quirky pile of ramblings

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

July 25th - Pop goes the stomach?

speaking of water
well, not really....but speaking of diet coke...

So I was watching "Myth Busters" with my kids and they were testing the myth about Mentos added to diet coke creating kind of an explosion. The myth was true but the weirdest thing...the most EYE OPENING thing!... was when they used a pig stomach (the pig wasn't attached) to see what would happen in your tummy if you combined those two ingredients. Well, in short, nothing much, BUT when they poured just the diet soda into the pig stomach the stomach lining expanded like a balloon! SERIOUSLY. Not just a little bit!

So that got me thinking...

All this time, when I drink diet soda, my stomach is stretching out like a blown up balloon? I'm not sure, but I think it might be...so bye bye soda! (You people might call it "pop"...I'm a west coaster...whatdoIknow!) I love diet coke...it's an addiction, I admit it....but after seeing that...I'm going to love water more. From now on! I'm quitting diet coke...cold turkey! (Or pig - as the case may be.)

7 Comments:

  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Webmiztris said…

    i laugh when people call soda 'pop'. it sounds so weird to me!!!

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Trudy,

    I'm so glad to see you blogging again...even if it is about pigs stomachs :o)

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger BostonPobble said…

    I try very hard not to think about what soda does to my body in general. Or butter...or smoking...or alcohol...or ice cream...

    ;)

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Mary said…

    I heard a study on diet soda and what it seems to do to our bodies.

    I down to on e can of diet pop a day and am feeling much better.

    Nice to see you Trudy.

    Mary

    I have moved blog locations.

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Green tea said…

    Green tea for me, hot or iced.
    Try it..

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger CrackerLilo said…

    So happy to see you back!!!!!!

    *running hug*

    I agree with Webmiztris--growing up in Florida, "pop" was an indicator that the speaker was newly transplanted to me.

    I figure something's going to kill me, so why not Diet Pepsi? I figure since I'm becoming more and more vegan, I deserve it. But I do completely understand your choice.

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Jackie Savi-Cannon said…

    Very interesting assignment and t share it with everyone.
    What a way to give children an experience.

    http://www.rnrprogram.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home