The Inedible Journey

A quirky pile of ramblings

Friday, May 20, 2005

May 20th ~ Closing my eyes


I'm not really closing my eyes...

but oh how I want to.

I want to let myself believe that Americans would never harm prisoners

That we will always be the knights in shinning armour

That'll we'll lead other countries in civil and human rights

But every time I open the paper.....or turn on the computer.....or catch a glimpse of TV news

my eyes are pried back open.

The majority of US citizens are loving people filled with compassion and humanity.

But we aren't being viewed by the world in that way. It breaks my heart.

We need to do more as a country to bridge the divide ~ to get to the root of our own flaws and fix them. We need to find our commonality with the rest of the world and celebrate it, enhance it, build on it

and work together not against.

Remember the golden rule? Do unto others.... Have those in power forgotton?

2 Comments:

  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger ChelseaTr0n said…

    Wow, i really like this post!

    xChellsi

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Pixelation said…

    It took me a long time to come to this conclusion, but I no longer believe that America is the good guy.

    It was a sad realization that every time I buy something and pay the tax, I'm helping my government kill people. The time for change was in 2004. Now we have to live with what was :(legitimately) elected.

    My theory is that as things get worse, people shrink back more and more and inform themselves less and less so that everything seems peachy-keen.

    So I go out of my way to do the opposite. "Knowledge is power" and all that jazz.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home