The Inedible Journey

A quirky pile of ramblings

Thursday, February 16, 2006

February 16th ~ Reasons




I fell in love with you first because of your stupid jokes mixed with your obviously big heart and your integrity.

Along the way, I discovered that I could depend on you in ways that I didn't expect. You lift me up when I fall. You patch my heartaches with your tenderness. You hold tightly onto the reigns when I thrash about irrationally. You realign my planets...and instinctively know when they need realigning.

Sometimes I get jealous of your calm. Sometimes it pisses me off that you are rational. Sometimes I want to fight with you, because I want to know that I'm not the only crazy one...and that you can get crazed too.

But mostly, I just feel loved by you. And so very lucky to have you. And the kids are lucky too....because imagine how warped they'd be if they only had me. :)

I love you , Dearly....and I'm sorry I'm such a pain in the ass sometimes.

12 Comments:

  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    Thanks, Gina. He's a keeper :) hugs

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger WarriorM said…

    Wow! You're the irrational one too?!?!?! Craig and i agree that only one of us gets to be crazy and irrational at a time. Usually, of course, it's me.

    Marriage is an incredible and wonderful thing when you're with your ONE. I can't believe that it keeps getting better sometimes. I guess we're just a couple of lucky girls! :-)

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger BostonPobble said…

    What a wonderful post. This person sounds amazing and delightful ~ and obviously has excellent taste in women.

    Your "Today" post is a brilliant one. Blessings on your journey.

     
  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    Mary...lol I'm so glad I'm not alone. That others are nuts too is very reassuring! LOL :) I love your stories.

    Thanks BP... and thanks for your blessings on "Today".....I need them. :)

     
  • At 6:27 AM, Blogger G-Man said…

    Beautfiul post

    It felt like you were talking to me...

    I'm thinking, "Yeah, I've had this discussion...yeah, i've had this disagreement."

    Hope all is well.

     
  • At 6:33 AM, Blogger sttropezbutler said…

    Can you see my rather large smile?

    STB

     
  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    Gman :) I think we ALL have. Yes, things are fine....peachy even. Make-up sex....yummy LOL

    STB...and here I thought that was the sun! (g) lol

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger sjobs said…

    What a lovely post and a special person you are. Your mate sounds wonderful also and you sound like you are truly in love.

    It is nice to see love survive.

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Blogzie said…

    This is lovely!

    But then you are lovely as well.

    And I saw that you posted first on Rosie's blog.

    How very cool is that?

    x0x0x

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Webmiztris said…

    don't feel too bad - everyone's a pain in the ass sometimes!!!

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    I love what u just wrote to ur one Love...Come by my blig sometime..Lori

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    Mary...hugs We are. Its nice to be having an affair with my husband. lol

    Blogzie...lol I was shocked I was first! :) I feel famous! LOL

    Dawn...I'm sure you never are! (chokes) lol

    Thanks Lori :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home