The Inedible Journey

A quirky pile of ramblings

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

















I was thinking of titling this post "Erin Go Braless"....and then got the bright idea of looking that up on the web! lol Voi La! Damn! Once again my originality has been usurped!

So, anyway. I'm a crazy Irish person. Ok, perhaps my Irish blood isn't pure, but my great grandparents were born in Ireland, so I'm "of the body", so to speak.

The craziness comes into play when I decided to have a St. Patrick's Day dinner party this year. On Friday. THIS Friday. 2 DAYS from NOW! I've known this was coming. I've been looking forward to it. But I've been under the weather for 25 days now! Arghhhh! Oh well. I'm better than I was. I should be fine by Friday.

SO I'm trying to figure how to make Corned Beef for 22 people. If you've ever made corned beef, you KNOW how much they shrink when cooking! lol Half of those people are kids, so I'll have to have an alternative food source for some of them. It'll be something mindless and easy.

And my house looks like a tornado went through it! I'm not the world's best housekeeper, but I'm obsessive/compulsive about anyone seeing that flaw....so somehow by Friday order will be restored. I'd just rather blog than clean. Go figure.

And we don't normally eat meat on Friday's during Lent...but I decided since St. Patrick's Day is in honor of a Saint....what the hell...we're covered under the "Saint's Exception Rule" that I made up! lol Unfortunately, hubby and I are the only ones who enjoy Guinness....so we'll have wine too (even though that's
anti-Irish on St. Paddy's Day). I'm thinking white. I know, red goes with beef, BUT, corned beef and cabbage just doesn't seem like a red wine meal to me. Any opinions?

I dream of going to Ireland. I have to make that a reality. SOON.

12 Comments:

  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger CrackerLilo said…

    Awww...and you could've made some St. Patrick's green, too! :-)

    Good luck on that dinner.

     
  • At 11:28 PM, Blogger Dear AL said…

    Trudy, make macaroni & cheese, works everytime!

    I also enjoy Guinness from time to time, great read!

     
  • At 5:30 AM, Blogger sttropezbutler said…

    Never been a fan or corned beef...even with my Irish genes!

    I say Pinot Noir...which is a light red might be a good choice.

    Have a ball....

    Cheers!

    STB

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Webmiztris said…

    to hell with red or white wine - go with green beer!

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger WarriorM said…

    Good luck to you, sister! I'm sure everything will be wonderful. I agree with the rest of the gang, beer always works with corned beef and cabbage. Also, if you want to have wine, have whatever you think tastes good. To hell with that red goes with meat, white goes with fish crap.

    Have a wonderful time!

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha! I just realized giving up beef for lent could work against this whole dinner plan--but if you can eat meat on Fridays, and convince certain people that "a little bit of pork" doesn't really count, and if you swear not to tell the pope, well then I'm eating some corned beef!
    And I say, serve Guinness and to hell with those uppity friends of yours! :) And I do believe that mac 'o roni is irish.
    love ya babe (and um, that whole braless idea...not a good idea--WAY too much nippleage.

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    lol Crackers....thanks!

    Al...I'll call it
    Mac O'Cheese lol

    STB... Pinot..shoot...I already shopped! That would have been perfect. I bought Shiraz and Chardonnay AND Guinness! How can anyone not like corned beef? lol Salt n fat...what's not to like? (g)

    Dawn...I'm thinking green in unexpected places. lol

    Mary... I've never had fish crap. Is that like cheap sushi? :)

    Lisray...it was the TINIEST bit of pork. Like pork dust or something! I won't tell the pope about the beef you devour. Not even about the corned beef. hee hee And your nippleage is what gave me the idea for the braless thing! Cept you weren't braless.....just wham-damn-nippely! I'm still laughing over your reaction to us bugging you...can you tell? lol Are you going to wear a down jacket while you're here tomorrow night so we don't notice? hahahaaaa! I won't mention it to JS....or we both KNOW what will happen to the evening's conversation! Haha

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger Dear AL said…

    Trudy, it's macaroni & cheese! Alright!

    Get Ronald out of your head!

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    lol Al...the key there was the "o" in the Mac O Cheese...not the Mac.... which would have been Mc O'Cheese in your Ronaldy World! :) lol

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Dear AL said…

    Sorry! I just had a Big Mac!

    Have a nice weekend, Trudy!

    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought the same thing about JS! ;) I already picked out a bra for that reason!! don't tell.

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger G-Man said…

    I went to Ireland a few years ago for 9 days. It was amazing!! I've always been a fan of Guiness, and I have to tell you, it's even better over there...fresher or something. I never understand ppl who drink green beer on St. Pattys Day. To me, that's as Irish as a fortune cookie. It's all about Guiness on that day! I had about 10 or 12 or so (lost count) over the passage of time last night and had a BLAST!

    Hope your party went well!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home