The Inedible Journey

A quirky pile of ramblings

Thursday, March 09, 2006

March 9th ~ Idol fluff


Ok....there are too many huge world issues and family issues swirling in my mind.....so in an effort to think calm thoughts....can we discuss American Idol? It's not that I'm shallow......just enjoying an air pocket for a moment.

First of all....of the men: Taylor Hicks is #1. I thought I had the hots for Ace for a moment.....but now he seems to be playing it up to the camera and it comes off as insincere to me. Taylor on the other hand is a doll.....and a riot.....and I LOVE his jerky, odd, dance moves. They just make me happy. I love his grey hair. The guy is OBVIOUSLY having a blast. And Bucky....he is very "real".....unusual.....but real and true to himself. Good voice. And then the bald guy....I love his voice....but he doesn't get under my skin. (Thus I can't remember his name.)

As to the girls: I hope Simon stops messing with the little blonde Kellie Pickler. Simon calling her a "Naughty little minx" just seemed inappropriate. She's too innocent and sweet and untarnished to be played with in that way. (Now had Simon called ME that.....well.....that'd be a whole different thing! lol) I'm also a fan of Katherine McPhee (the tall brunette with the mom as a vocal coach), Mandisa the classy, beautiful larger woman with a stunning voice (my daughter says "Mommy she looks cuddly like you!" lol), and Lisa Tucker, the 16 year old with such poise, presence, and the voice of an angel.

Anyway, I know this was fluff......but I needed a bit of fluff today. Have a wonderful day every0ne.

8 Comments:

  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger Webmiztris said…

    that's funny....I like the bald guy (Chris Daughry) best, then Ace.

    And the girls? I could care less about any of them ...lol

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger CrackerLilo said…

    I love Chris Daughtry because he's so intense and serious, but I love Taylor Hicks because he's *not*--isn't that weird? Taylor's not only cute as all hell, but he's in on his own joke in a way that most Idol contestants aren't. He is just entertaining.

    Bucky is so truly country, it's unreal. And I like Elliott's voice, but find him annoying to watch.

     
  • At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmm...I don't watch American Idol, but maybe I should start. I could certainly use the "air pocket" (s)

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger sttropezbutler said…

    Don't do this to me..or I'll have to watch!

    STB

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger Dear AL said…

    I'm not into American Idol, Trudy w/The Dancin Booty, but judging by your Blogger User Name, I rather watch you!

    Have a nice weekend!

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Heidi said…

    It's a toss up between Taylor and Chris...I'm enjoying this season and it's only going to get better.

     
  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger christine mtm said…

    oh we all need fluff occassionally, i really like mine with peanut butter and chocolate.

    stb, you gotta watch! it's become too pop culture to avoid.

    my personal favorites are, in no particular order: taylor, chris, mendesa, and paris because i would actually listen to them if they came on the radio.

    and maybe this year there will be a scandel that simon has "coached" a contestant.

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Blogzie said…

    It's all about Taylor Hicks for me.

    He's hot.

    xx00xx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home