The Inedible Journey

A quirky pile of ramblings

Monday, May 30, 2005

May 30th ~ Overwhelmingly Mommy




I was warned that girls can be difficult as they enter their teen years.

I think everyone forgot to tell me that boys become emotional hormonal maniacs too.

Not that I'm complaining .....exactly.... its just that there are days when I collapse from the physically emotional strain of trying to keep everyone on an even keel. It's damn exhausting!

Our 12 year old son tries to hold everything inside of him.....doesn't want anyone to see when he's upset.....tries to always keep everyone happy.....even if doing that makes him unhappy. And no matter what I say, he can't seem to help himself. He does seem to see the glass as half full.

Our 11 year old son holds over-reacts to all things. If he stubs his toe, he thinks he has broken his leg. If he gets a splinter, he thinks his finger has to be amputated. He fights back in all things...even if things are going his way. Yet he is warm and loving with kids younger than himself.

Our daughter falls somewhere in between. It'll be interesting to see how she is when she is their age.

I need to buy stock in Tylenol. lol

All three are brilliant, wonderful, loving, people..... We are lucky to have them. It's just hard to not worry that something we say or don't say as parents may not be the right thing. Logically, I know we're not perfect, and we are doing the best that we can, and that we are good parents. I want so much for them to grow up as happy, healthy people. To know that love and family mean more than any material success. If they have that.....they have it all.

I guess that means I already have it all. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is very interesting site...
    » » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home