The Inedible Journey

A quirky pile of ramblings

Saturday, August 06, 2005

August 6th ~ Mind Over Matters


Turning 40 was rough for me. (I'm 42 now....or maybe 43.....no...42....jeez I can't add. Yeah 42.)

I was really hung up about about not being able to say: "I'm in my 30's"

I could remember my Dad's 40th Bday party, fergawdsakes! It freaked me out completely.

But, with age comes wisdom....right? Right!

So, now I'm discovering some exciting things about myself and I realized that THIS is what makes aging rather fun, and what makes me crazy about some of the people in my life. They have already discovered the magic. They know how to use it. I'm still learning, but getting better at it every day.

The magic involves the following:

You stop caring about what other people think of you ~ instead, you become comfy within yourself.
You learn to say "no" gently, mean it firmly, and can resist the guilt that wants to make you say "yes".
You know your limits.
You have confidence in your abilities.
You are able to express your sexuality...(sly grin) (Yeah, ok, so I'm sorta enjoying being in seductress mode. lol)
You have developed friendships of the heart that matter...and don't worry so much about those that don't.
You have forgiven your parents for not being perfect and have come to terms with your own imperfections.

The list goes on..but you get the gist of it...

So, I was thinking, if the 40's are this good.....wow....the 50's will be phenomenal!
:)




2 Comments:

  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger author said…

    This post was wonderful.
    So true.
    I also read your survey below and agree that you are someone
    very fun and interesting to know!

     
  • At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I loved being 42 -- so I've been 42 for the past uhm well, let's just say a few years now. I'm deciding whether to turn 43 this year, or stay 42. Belated happy birthday!

    gina
    http://findingmygroove.blog-city.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home