The Inedible Journey

A quirky pile of ramblings

Thursday, June 30, 2005

June 30 ~ Just Breathe


I'm what people think of as a postive person. I usually work hard to make sure everyone is happy, having fun, conflict free...yaddity yaddity ya....

What's happening to me?

Maybe it's an age thing. Have I become an old woman? Is 42 old?

My patience has lessened, my tolerance for ignorance has gone out the window, I'm cranky.

arghhhhhhhhhhhh

Maybe it's just been a rough week.

Did you know that if you decide to donate the organs of your loved one, they take the body away while still warm, breathing and hooked up to machines? You don't get to hear the last breath?

Not that I'm knocking organ donations. I can't imagine a more loving gift. But .... I just can't imagine....

so maybe that's why I'm cranky. My mind won't shut up. I keep imagining the things I can't imagine.

I had my 3 beautiful nieces staying with me for a few days. They are the same ages as my kids...and the 6 of them really love each other. However, after 3 or 4 days together 24/7..they all turn into lunatics.

"You said you wouldn't fight my guy! "

Uh, they are playing Game Cube.....isn't that what the game is all about?

"Time for everyone to go outside! You all need some air. Here are the bikes. Here is the basketball."

"We're bored."



They're gone now. Think it's bad that a glass of wine while sitting under a waterfall sounds good? I don't have a waterfall. I wonder if the neighbors would talk if I set a chair out on the lawn and turned the sprinklers on myself.......sipping wine.....gazing at the tree. la la la.

I bet I'll be one of those very, very old women who chews on her shawl while rocking in front of the window.... day dreaming about the waterfall...

2 Comments:

  • At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    For some reason, I picture you sitting under the shower sipping a drink with a paper umbrella in it and a Jimmy Buffet song playing in the background. Hmmmmmmmmm ... maybe I could make my fortune building rocking chairs for the shower!

     
  • At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL, KL!

    I'd be you're first customer. Sign me up. :)

    Trudy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home