The Inedible Journey

A quirky pile of ramblings

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

June 1st ~ Wicked ....arrrrrgh


One of my most favorite books in recent years was "Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West" by Gregory Maguire. I'll never look at The Wizard Of Oz in quite the same way again.

When we took the kids to the East Coast last October (for our first big family vacation that wasn't in a campground lol) I SOOOO wanted to see Wicked on Broadway! But that would have been a little selfish of me! lol For the kids' first live play we saw The Lion King....which was wonderful! (Except for the Ticket Master disaster!!...which I'll have to write about here one day after I calm down in 4 to 5 years!) It was the right choice for the family. But for me

arrrrrghhhhhhhh I still wanted to see Wicked!

Anyway, I was so excited because finally it is coming to San Francisco BUT only for 6 weeks! Jeeeez. Don't they know the whole world wants to see it? I called a couple of friends who also loved the book. We figured we'd go on a "date night" with our spouses and see it!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH SOOOOooo.... I've been trying to get tickets in the "cheap seats" which aren't very cheap. They're 40.00 a ticket! I didn't realize that I should have tried on the first day they went on sale. Now the ONLY seats that are left in that section are in the CORNER of the VERY BACK ROW in the highest nosebleed balcony.

Hopefully it will come back....or they'll add more dates.

I just don't feel like spending $80.00 plus Ticket Master's "pillage the public fees" for the worst seats possible.

Monika has a friend who works near the Orpheum Theatre in SF. We thought maybe she'd have better luck going directly to the box office. HA! It was a good thought and worth a try anyway.

Makes me cranky tho. :(

Oh well....it'll be back....or I'll win the lottery! LOL (Except, I've gotta remember to play that!lol )

1 Comments:

  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger Al Terry said…

    Try a matinee show there will be plenty of Wicked tickets and perhaps at a discount if you go early in the week...

    Wicked Tickets

     

Post a Comment

<< Home