The Inedible Journey

A quirky pile of ramblings

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

March 21st ~ Biker chick


I wish this was my ass.

Who wouldn't?

But it does lead me to a story...

So, on Sunday, hubby and our kids did a "move your body" intervention on me. I'd been under the weather for a LONGGGGGGG time, and they knew that I was stressed because I hadn't been swimming in about 3 weeks. They talked me into going on a bike ride with them.

That sounds fun and easy right?

It would be for most people, I think. However, I have very screwed up knees (a congenital defect), so riding a bike is something that I don't do often. Ok, its been a few years. Like 5 or 10.

Hubby nicely spent time making sure that my rarely ridden bike was safe and ready to go, but something had happened since the last time I sat on it: I think I shrunk. (In height, doh!) It's a man's 10-speed street bicycle .....and when I stepped over the bar....I discovered that it was jammed way up my
you-know-what....(Hmm ....if I could of installed batteries, I guess it would have been fine....but anyway...) this was not comfy.

If I had better balance, was in better shape, or was more coordinated, I could have probably just stepped on the pedals, and lifted myself onto the bicycle seat..and ridden along my merry way. However, that isn't my reality. I'm a bicycle
spazz-oid.

Hubby nicely suggested trading bikes with me. His is a sturdier moutain bike, without a high middle bar. A MUCH better solution. Except I still couldn't remember how to ride a bike.

The boys were so excited that I was going with them...that they kept riding close to me. Arghhhhh! I couldn't tell them to ride farther away....but everytime they got near me I panicked that I was going to crash. I did a few times. (Ran off the trail onto a lawn or into a tree.... la la la)

We decided to stop at the local grocery store for a couple of things. The kids played while hubby went into the store and I babysat the bikes. I didn't get off the bike.

Remember that fact...

I DIDN'T get off the bike.

So hubby comes out of the store with the groceries and gets back onto his bike and takes off towards home with the kids.

I try to turn around and follow them.

Suddenly I can't seem to figure out how to ride the bike. I slip off the seat, but keep the bike between my legs....and everything feels weird. I am wedged weirdly between the seat and the handlebars.
So, I try to get back onto the seat...but now the front point of the seat is jammed uncomfortably up my ass.....which seems impossible...and yet it was happening.

SO with my bicycle-seat-horribly-wedged-ass facing the shoppers leaving the grocery store, I try to start pedaling. Everything feels wrong.

I make it around the corner of the store and see hubby and the kids......and suddenly realize that I can't find the hand breaks.
They seem to be in the wrong place. I can't stop.....I don't know how to stop. How do I get off? Arrrrrgh......

So I yelp, "HELP!" to hubby, who turns around and sees me in a panic......and tries as hard as he can not to start laughing as he rides over trying to assist me.

I realize, finally, that I somehow have the front wheel and steering wheel turned backwards...but there isn't room to just jump off.....due to the way I wedged myself onto the bike seat....and I can't make the breaks work because they are not where my hands can grasp them in my panicked state of mind!

So I crashed into the brick wall side of the grocery store to stop myself. Hubby rode up, biting back grins, and helped me turn everything back the right way.

We all made it home safely.

Swimming suddenly holds MUCH more appeal than ever before. (BTW, the corned beef and cabbage St. Patrick's Day Party last Friday night was a success. We had a great time! :) )




16 Comments:

  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Webmiztris said…

    thanks for reminding me why I keep refusing to get on my bike, even though my hubby really wants us to get into it...I'm too klutzy for that shit!

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Trudy, I can't tell you how badly I needed a good laugh and while I'm sorry you had such a hard time I have to say I was cracking up and the laugh did me good.

    Sorry you haven't been able to post on my blog, I'm not sure why. Blog city said it seemed fine to them.

    Take care and GO SWIMMING

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger G-Man said…

    Oh dear...THANK YOU for that picture! Glad they got you moving (that pict got me goin'! LOL)

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger WarriorM said…

    We have so much in common, it's almost ridiculous! I too am retarded on a bike. I can't explain why, I think I learned wrong or something, but this scenerio could've easily been me!

    So sorry, sister! Better luck at the pool!:-)

     
  • At 6:23 AM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    Dawn... lol happy I could help! Just wear the tight outfit....he'll be fine with that.

    Sarah... I've missed you! I'm glad it made you laugh..and I hope you're ok.

    G-man... Glad I could give you a lift! LOL

    Mary... lol for some reason, I suspected that this could happen to you too! LOLOL :) Your stories always feel like my stories to me too!

     
  • At 6:31 AM, Blogger sttropezbutler said…

    Oh the visuals of this post.....I can't stop giggling!

    Glad dinner was a blast!

    STB

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger christine mtm said…

    it's been so long since i've been on a bike that i don't think anything could convince me to try again.

    you are a brave woman!

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Dear AL said…

    I'm a little rusty riding my bike since I barely get on it, hope to god I never get that seat wedged up in my butt-hole!

    Swim, girl! Swim!

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Heidi said…

    This is why I have have not been on a " real " bike in 10 plus years..The only one I get my tush on are the bikes at the gym.

    Glad you weren't hurt..thanx for the giggles.

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger CrackerLilo said…

    Glad the party was a success!

    Your family cares about you a lot. And I hope you go swimming soon. :-)

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger CrackerLilo said…

    Oh, and I can't keep a bike perpendicular to the ground for longer than a *block*.

     
  • At 5:44 AM, Blogger Dear AL said…

    Hey Trudy! How's your ass today?

    Can you still shake that booty, or is it still sore?

    Glad you had fun last Friday at your party!

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    STB...the thought of you with the giggles gives ME the giggles

    Cats...As clumsy as I was, I DID feel brave! LOL

    Heidi...I like those gym ones too ..can't crash!!

    Crackers...The pool is calling me! If you want to join me in a bike competition....let me know! Clutz against clutz!

    Al AL Al...lol I can still shake my booty. The pain just adds another dimension! lol I'm recovering nicely. I just keep telling hubby to rub it...(etc) :)

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger BostonPobble said…

    Trudy, I have never learned to ride a bike. Never. So you're up on me, even if you do crash into grocery stores and can't find the hand brakes. ;)

     
  • At 4:48 AM, Blogger Tracie P. said…

    hey trudy with dancin booty, i personally perfer my big white flabby ghetto booty to that little tan hard stupid booty.

    -Tracie with the wiggly booty

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    Pobble...yeah..but YOU live in BOSTON....and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Boston....so you still have one up on me! :)

    Tracie Wiggle Bum...YOU crack me up! lol I love your description of your ass! Suddenly my dancing pillow butt is feeling quite attractive. lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home