The Inedible Journey

A quirky pile of ramblings

Friday, September 09, 2005

September 9th ~ Uncertainty


I got a call from Mom today around noon....

She sounded afraid. She was.

She'd seen her doc this morning and after not good results from a new blood test they have canceled, Monday's surgery, scheduled a C-T scan for Wed, and have set her up with an oncology surgeon.

The blood test results indicate that it MAY have spread. It may not have. I hope it hasn't.

I asked if she wanted me to come over until Dad got home. She said she was fine and that I didn't need to do that....until I asked her if she'd had any lunch and she burst into tears. My Mom isn't normally emotional in that way. I got there as fast as I could. She lives about an hour away. One of my brothers and my sister showed up too. We talked, listened, prayed, laughed, and generally calmed her down. I think we all felt better about it, especially Mom, by the time we left.

The white noise is back in my head.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:13 PM, Blogger The Seeker said…

    White noise. Can I purchase this somewhere? I know that probably sounds like I'm trying to be funny. But sometimes white noise would be preferred. Best wishes to you and your family.

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sending you hugs.

    gina
    http://findingmygroove.blog-city.com

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your mom may very likely be okay, but you've got some long days ahead of you until you know that for sure. Waiting for tests and Dr visits can seem like an eternity. Did I tell you I hate waiting?? :o)

    I think the white noise is a state of shock effect. Sometimes it can be a good thing while you are
    adjusting to what is going on.

    I'll keep your family in my prayers

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger WarriorM said…

    I know this is such a tough time for you and your family. From experience I can tell you that "I'm fine" will come out of your mom's mouth a lot. See, you're her kid. Mom's don't like their kids to worry or even be inconvenienced. Just stay by her side and love her. You did the right thing by calling in the troops.

    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger I n g e r said…

    Oh honey. Hugs from me, too; what a hard, scary time. What a good daughter you are. How frightened you all much be.

    Right here if you want to talk. Will stay tuned for more info.

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Seeker, Gina, Sarah, Mary and Inger,

    Thank you all so much for your good thoughts. I hold them close to my heart..and they help a lot.

    (((huge hugs)))

     

Post a Comment

<< Home