The Inedible Journey

A quirky pile of ramblings

Saturday, March 25, 2006

March 25th ~ Sweet Savory Tart



By the title of this post, you thought I was going to write about some trampy woman I know, right?

Wrong! Fooled ya! It's Recipe Saturday!


STB's
http://sttropezbutlersays.blogspot.com/ yummy salad recipe put me in the mood for that style of posting.

This is more of an appetizer (I can't spell Hors Douerves....see?) but it is spectacular! LisRay will vouch for it, if she reads this, right LisRay??

Ripe Pear and Crisp Apple with Bleu Cheese Topping

(EASY!)
A couple of hours before the guests arrive (or the night before): In a bowl lightly toss together:

4oz crumbled bleu cheese
(I use the larger plastic tub size...I'm guessing on the oz..it might be a bit more or less.) (More is good..err on the side of more)


(These next 4 ingredients I mix together with a fork and then toss them into the blue cheese above.)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup dried parsley flakes (You can use fresh parsley...but for some reason dried turns out better.)
3 cloves of garlic crushed or finely chopped

Cover bowl and let ingredients marry for an hour or two in the fridge. (You can make this the night before if you wish. Wait...I already said that.)


Before your guests arrive take:

5 ripe fresh pears - cut in half, remove seeds and slice with skin on.

5 Granny Smith apples (or other tart apples) - cut in half, remove seeds and slice with skin on.

(Think "thick potato chips" when you are slicing them)

Drizzle fruit with a LITTLE orange or lemon juice to prevent browning, arrange slices on a platter leaving room in the center for the cheese mixture.

When ready to serve, gently re-toss cheese with a fork, drain off excess liquid (only if it is excessive...it probably won't be), and place cheese mixture directly on the platter in the middle of the sliced fruit. Eat the fruit with a little scoop of the cheese on it.


You'll love me for this recipe. :)




10 Comments:

  • At 4:06 AM, Blogger sttropezbutler said…

    Trudy....this sounds like my cup of tea!

    I can't wait to try it!

    STB

     
  • At 7:06 AM, Blogger Webmiztris said…

    this makes me wish I liked bleu cheese!

     
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger Dear AL said…

    I love you! So, when are we getting married?

    Oops! Forgot I'm taken!

     
  • At 6:17 AM, Blogger Trudy Booty Scooty said…

    Gina...lol My recipe is often: "Go to Trader Joe's!"

    STB... Let me know after you try it, please! I KNOW you'll love it.

    Dawn...when I was a kid you're age, I didn't like it either. (g)

    Al...lol Just tell you're wife I'm your recipe mistress. (g) Hubby is ok with sharing me in that way. lol

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Sublime said…

    We love you with or without great recipes!

    Take care,
    Sublime

     
  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger RED QUILT MAKER said…

    Let me know why you are making this again, I'll bring the wine.
    rQm

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger BostonPobble said…

    oooo! this I *must* try!

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger Dear AL said…

    Trudy, I don't think I can eat this anymore! When's your next recipe entry? PLEASE!

     
  • At 2:44 AM, Blogger Jay said…

    I demand a trampy woman!

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home