The Inedible Journey

A quirky pile of ramblings

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

September 20th ~ Refrigerator Stew


You've all made refrigerator stew right? That creation you whip up when there is no food in the house..but lots of random ingredients?

So....that's what this post is:
random ingredients + no recipe = outcome of hmmm .... (shrug) ...something FANTASTIC and seemingly-well-thought-out, obviously! lol
If not, nothing was wasted anyway....lol
Refrigerator Stew

1 cup of Rita....simmered down to nothing ...let us pray. Maybe if we all focus our thoughts, Rita will fall apart in the Gulf. I'm focusing hard. How about you?

2 Tablespoons of my part-time job. Do not melt ....Do not sift.....Keep whole. Do not allow distractions like posting on your blog while you are supposed to be working ,you foolish woman, you! (Sorry...had to spank myself. Hmm maybe I should videotape that for hubby. No! No! No more distractions....finish this and back to work, wench! ~sigh~ )

1 quart of health conscious behavior poured in slowly. Yeah, like that needs explanation. Arrrrrgh. Maybe I'll make that a gallon.

Coat pan with melted Medusa... No....I don't need to comb the snakes outta my hair. (Well, I should probably do that too...but it wasn't what I meant.) I was thinking of the look of pure glee on the faces of my sons when they got off of their very first, very big-time, roller coaster ride a couple of weeks ago. They were sooooo worried about getting on.... By the time the ride was over, a whole new world had opened up for them both. They then dragged us to every MAJOR rollercoaster in the park. Yes, EVEN the ones that there is NO WAY you would go on! It was really fun watching them evolve before out eyes. :)

Bake at slightly breezy/ slightly cloudly/very pleasant until everything smells deliciously right. :)

3 Comments:

  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger WarriorM said…

    You are so darn clever! I loved this post. I especially loved hearing about your boys on the roller coasters!

    I actually squeeled (yes, squeeled) yesterday at my son CJ's soccer practice because he made a great play (not the most coordinated kid, so when the whole thing worked, I got a bit excited, thus the squeel)! It's awesome watching those little buggers grow and change.

    Anyway, great stew, Trudy! I ate it with relish!

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger I n g e r said…

    Ahhhh, Trudy. It would be a crime against all that is good if you were to stop using the work computer for blogging.

    Love the stew; warms from the inside, as good stews do.

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "(Sorry...had to spank myself. Hmm maybe I should videotape that for hubby. No! No! No more distractions....finish this and back to work, wench)"

    You are so darned funny. I haven't squeeled for a long time, but kids on their first roller coaster rides would do it.

    And anyway, what are work computers for, if not to blog, check on your blog, read other people's blogs . . .

    gina
    http://findingmygroove.blog-city.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home