The Inedible Journey

A quirky pile of ramblings

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

September 28th ~ Barf-O-Rama


Come one! Come all! To the newest West Coast Sensation! The event that eclipses the sun peeking through the windows of our home!

Of what, dear people, do I speak of?

Why it's Barf-O-Rama 2005!!! Don't miss it! Front row seats still available! Bring towels! Bring Lysol! Bring me plane tickets out of this hell hole! (please)

So...it began with Lil Miss M. last Thursday....a flu that topped all flus. It lasted 6 days. (Only 12 hours of throwing up...but days and days and days of the rest of the symptoms and fever and pain. )

I sterilized, I sprayed, I mopped, I prayed, "Please God, Let it be only one who suffers from this germ plague."

Well, my prayers were answered in mysterious ways. Yesterday afternoon Lil Miss M was finally starting to feel better...and my oldest son slams his body, faster than the speed of light, through the front door, after school, whimper/yelling at me, "Mom! Move! I'm sick!" (Bathroom door slam....)

Uh oh. (grimace) As my sweet A Man is doubled over, trying desperately to live until the next minute, I look over at Z Man. He looks pale. But maybe it's because he has too much homework. That's possible, right? 6th Grade = Homework, right? But I kind of think to myself, "Please God, if Z Man is going to get this too.....please let it be tonight so that I can get them both through it at once...."

My prayers were answered almost instantaneously! Z Man double over a couple of hours later and earned the honor of having his picture listed in Webster's next to the word "Projectile". It made me sort of miss the days of infant spit-up. I guess even vomit grows up.

(sigh) Crap!
No, wait....that's another story!

6 Comments:

  • At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll be thinking of you and sending you lots of good energy...and praying that the hubby doesn't get sick...they are often the biggest babies!!!

    BIG hugs your way.

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger WarriorM said…

    That is so awful! We had a family trip to Barf-O-Rama a couple of years ago and I still have nightmares!! *shiver* We were lucky enough to have a few other families (friends of ours) join us on this journey and they were so thrilled we infected...er...I mean invited them along! I hope everyone is better soon!

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Trudy -- I sure don't envy you your week. Hope everyone's better soon -- and you don't get it!

    gina
    http://findingmygroove.blog-city.com

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Trud!

    It brings back memories of my two oldest sitting on the opposite ends of the double sink in the kitchen, each filling their own sink whilst I got to use whichever sink was available at the moment. Three of us... at the same time....(sigh) That was about 23 years ago and I still wake up in a cold sweat thinking about it... or maybe it is just another hot flash.

    I feel for you, Babes! Welcome to the "'Been there, done that' Club of Mothers of More Than One Child"

    Love ya!

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Sublime said…

    Sorry to hear everyone is sick. "Grown-up" barf is for SURE the worst...especially if they drank milk in the last few hours
    :(

    Take care,
    Sublime

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger The Seeker said…

    I love visiting here. I always leave with a smile. Thanks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home